Oct 29 , 2020
Hi everybody, welcome to a new NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Bear". Bears are omnivorous creatures divided into eight species, and the majority of them are endangered. Like human babies, bear cubs are incredibly playful. Like human moms, if things get too harsh, the mama bear will stop to protect them from hurting themselves.
Here are some interesting facts about bears:
1. Bears are brilliant animals. They have far superior navigation skills to people, exceptional memory, large brain to body proportion, and can use tools in different contexts from play to hunt.
2. Bears grieve deeply for others. Cubs are known to moan and weep when separated from their mothers. This can go on for weeks if hunters kill their mothers.
3. Bears have excellent senses of smell, sight, and hearing. They can smell food, cubs, a companion, or predators from miles away. Their incredible sight permits them to identify when fruits are ripe.
4. Some species of Asiatic bear build nests in the trees. They can use these for hiding, eating, and also resting.
5. Bears care deeply about their families. They will risk their lives and fight to the death to save a cub or sibling from danger.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
- B pencil
- 5B pencil
- White Vinyl Eraser
- Kneaded Eraser
Let's draw a "Bear" step by step
Step 1. With circles, outline the head and body of the bear (pencil B).
Step 2. Next, outline the paws and the muzzle's shape (pencil B).
Step 3. Add details on the muzzle and add ears (don't forget that we are drawing the figure in profile). Outline the paws (pencil B).
Step 4. By connecting the circles, outline the body and paws of the bear (pencil B).
Step 5. Erase all excess construction lines. Draw small details such as folds (pencil B).
Step 6. Start hatching by darkening shadow areas. The strokes should resemble the wool (pencil B).
Step 7. Hatch the whole bear's body with the same strokes (pencil B).
Step 8. Take a softer pencil and start working on all the wool, making it more detailed. In this step, it is essential to hatch with imagining hair growth. Add details on the face and ears (pencil 5B).
Drawing Pencil Set
Excellent GIFT IDEA - Non-Toxic and safe, easily portable and made with quality top-notch materials. Basic and innovative drawing supplies come together in NIL Tech set as an exceptional replacement for old-fashioned pencil boxes. The main attraction at any occasion from your drawing enthusiast friends, sketchers, artists to your kids or students boosting their creative projects and enjoy their ear-to-ear smile!