October 01, 2020 2 min read
Hi everybody, welcome to anew NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Boat". A boat is designed to drift on water and is used for travel, sports, transportation, military use, and rescue operations. Humans have used boats since the earliest times. In the beginning, they were merely made from logs and reeds tied together to make plethoras. Throughout history, they have been a vital method of transport and expedition.
1. Some of the smaller boats used by man today include canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, dinghies, and rowboats. Boats are typically made for inland waterways such as lakes, rivers, and also bays.
2. A few of the larger boats, sometimes referred to as ships, cargo ships, cruise ships, military ships, yachts, and sailing boats. Ships are usually designed for travel on seas and oceans.
3. Native Americans used to make boats by digging out the inside of a log. These are the earliest canoes.
4. The oldest boats discovered by archaeologists are called Pesse canoes. The oldest recovered boats are thought to be between 7,000 and 10,000 years old.
5. Proof from ancient references exists to confirm that boats were utilized 900,000 ago and in prehistoric times.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
Step 1. Draw the base of the boat with simple lines. The drawing process will be similar to a parallelepiped since the boat is in turn (pencil B).
Step 2. Outline the direction of the mast. Draw the boat part where the cabins are (pencil B).
Step 3. Draw the mast, make the base more rounded, and add details to it (pencil B).
Step 4. Draw the sails on the mast. Imagine that the wind is blowing in the sails and draw them volumetric (pencil B).
Step 5. At the bottom, add lines in the form of waves, which seem to bend around the boat (pencil B).
Step 6. Erase all excess construction lines and add details such as portholes (pencil B).
Step 7. Start hatching by adding tone in the areas where the shadows will be (pencil B).
Step 8. Let's start working on the ship. The light goes from the right, so based on this, draw the light and shadow. For dark areas, use a darker pencil (pencil B, 5B).
Step 9. Go down the drawing and start working on the waves. You need to add a little volume to them to create a complete picture (pencil B).
April 15, 2021 4 min read
April 07, 2021 4 min read
April 01, 2021 4 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!