December 02, 2020 2 min read
Hi everybody, welcome to anew NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Dolphin". Dolphins are aquatic creatures that have always amazed humans. Kids and adults have learned to respect a marine animal that sometimes acts like humans. Researchers found that dolphins are unbelievably intelligent creatures and are swift swimmers because of their anatomy.
1. About 40 species of dolphins swim in the waters of the world. The majority live in shallow locations of tropical and temperate oceans, and five species live in rivers.
2. Dolphins are carnivores. Fish, squid as well as crustaceans are included in their listing of prey. A 260-pound dolphin eats 33 pounds of fish a day.
3. Known for their playful behavior, dolphins are highly intelligent. They are as smart as apes, and their big brains are surprisingly similar to people.
4. Dolphins are part of the family of whales that includes orcas and pilot whales. Killer whales are, in fact, dolphins.
5. Dolphins are very social, living in groups that hunt and even play together. Huge pods of dolphins can have 1,000 members or even more.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
Step 1. The first step is to draw the skeleton of a dolphin. Outline the head with a circle. With lines, show the direction of the body and tail (pencil B).
Step 2. Using the lines drawn earlier as a base, outline the dolphin's body and tail (pencil B).
Step 3. The next step is to draw the dolphin's face and fins (pencil B).
Step 4. Erase all excess construction lines yet leave the contour. Use the nag or erasers to make it less bright (pencil B).
Step 5. Outline the existing contour with a blue pencil to make the drawing look more holistic(blue colored pencil).
Step 6. With the same blue pencil, start hatching the drawing. Do not press hard so that it is not too bright (blue colored pencil).
Step 7. To make the dolphin brighter, use several different shades of pencils. For the shadows, use pencils in dark shades, such as purple, burgundy, blue. For light areas, the opposite is true: light blue, lilac. This makes the dolphin much more interesting (colored pencils: purple, burgundy, blue, cyan, lilac, light blue).
April 15, 2021 4 min read
April 07, 2021 4 min read
April 01, 2021 4 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!