August 19, 2020 2 min read
Hi everybody, and welcome to anew NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Fox". Foxes are omnivorous mammals that are light on their feet. They are frequently mistaken for other members of the Canidae family. This family includes jackals, wolves, and dogs. They stand out from other family members due to their long, slim legs, lithe frame, pointed nose, and bushy tail. Foxes are very social as well as have flexible lives.
1. Foxes are members of the dog family. A female fox is called a "vixen", a male "dog fox" or a "tod", baby foxes are called "pups", "kits" or "cubs". A group of foxes is called a "skulk" or a "leash".
2. Foxes are the only type of dog capable of withdrawing their claws as cats do. Foxes likewise have vertical pupils. These look more like those of cats than the rounded pupils that other dogs have.
3. Foxes are covered in whiskers. These aren't just for show as they serve as navigational aids. Foxes tend to know where they're going.
4. Foxes come in all kinds of colors and breeds. One of the most common is the red fox, though there are, in fact, 280 variants of this kind! They are mostly found across the UK and North America.
5. Foxes have their own specific, complex language system. It's said that they have almost 30 different sorts of calls to communicate with each other.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
Step 1. With simple circles, draw the base of the fox (pencil B).
Step 2. Draw the contour of the body, head, ears, and paws of the fox, by connecting the circles. With a line, draw the placement and direction of the fox's tail with a line (pencil B).
Step 3. Draw the tail along the baseline. Add details, such as wool and muzzle (pencil B).
Step 4. Erase all the excess construction lines. Make the contour a little less bright with a wash/nag (pencil B).
Step 5. Start hatching with the wool, adding a general tone (orange colored pencil). In light areas, use a yellow pencil (yellow colored pencil).
Step 6. Start adding volume to the figure with a darker pencil (carrot-colored pencil). Brighten the lighter areas (yellow colored pencil).
Step 7. Make the shadows brighter and more saturated (red, brown, burgundy, and dark brown colored pencils).
Step 8. Don't wholly hatch the white areas of the coat and muzzle. It would be best if you shaded them to add volume and texture to the drawing (red, brown, burgundy, and dark brown colored pencils).
October 06, 2022 1 min read
September 19, 2022 2 min read
July 30, 2022 2 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!