Aug 19 , 2020
Hi everybody, and welcome to a new NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Fox". Foxes are omnivorous mammals that are light on their feet. They are frequently mistaken for other members of the Canidae family. This family includes jackals, wolves, and dogs. They stand out from other family members due to their long, slim legs, lithe frame, pointed nose, and bushy tail. Foxes are very social as well as have flexible lives.
Here are some interesting facts about Foxes:
1. Foxes are members of the dog family. A female fox is called a "vixen", a male "dog fox" or a "tod", baby foxes are called "pups", "kits" or "cubs". A group of foxes is called a "skulk" or a "leash".
2. Foxes are the only type of dog capable of withdrawing their claws as cats do. Foxes likewise have vertical pupils. These look more like those of cats than the rounded pupils that other dogs have.
3. Foxes are covered in whiskers. These aren't just for show as they serve as navigational aids. Foxes tend to know where they're going.
4. Foxes come in all kinds of colors and breeds. One of the most common is the red fox, though there are, in fact, 280 variants of this kind! They are mostly found across the UK and North America.
5. Foxes have their own specific, complex language system. It's said that they have almost 30 different sorts of calls to communicate with each other.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
- B pencil
- colored pencils
- brown (light and dark)
- White Vinyl Eraser
- Kneaded Eraser
Let's draw a "Fox" step by step!
Step 1. With simple circles, draw the base of the fox (pencil B).
Step 2. Draw the contour of the body, head, ears, and paws of the fox, by connecting the circles. With a line, draw the placement and direction of the fox's tail with a line (pencil B).
Step 3. Draw the tail along the baseline. Add details, such as wool and muzzle (pencil B).
Step 4. Erase all the excess construction lines. Make the contour a little less bright with a wash/nag (pencil B).
Step 5. Start hatching with the wool, adding a general tone (orange colored pencil). In light areas, use a yellow pencil (yellow colored pencil).
Step 6. Start adding volume to the figure with a darker pencil (carrot-colored pencil). Brighten the lighter areas (yellow colored pencil).
Step 7. Make the shadows brighter and more saturated (red, brown, burgundy, and dark brown colored pencils).
Step 8. Don't wholly hatch the white areas of the coat and muzzle. It would be best if you shaded them to add volume and texture to the drawing (red, brown, burgundy, and dark brown colored pencils).
Drawing Pencil Set
Excellent GIFT IDEA - Non-Toxic and safe, easily portable and made with quality top-notch materials. Basic and innovative drawing supplies come together in NIL Tech set as an exceptional replacement for old-fashioned pencil boxes. The main attraction at any occasion from your drawing enthusiast friends, sketchers, artists to your kids or students boosting their creative projects and enjoy their ear-to-ear smile!