Nov 05 , 2020
Hi everybody, welcome to a new NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Penguin". Penguins are incredible birds! They are not quite like any bird you have seen before in your backyard or at the park. They have adapted to their cold environment in a manner that makes them pretty unique.
Here are some interesting facts about Penguins:
1. Emperor Penguins are the tallest species, standing nearly 4 feet high. The smallest is the Little Blue Penguin, which is only about 16 inches.
2. A penguin's striking coloring has developed to be camouflage. From above, its black back blends into the dark depth of the ocean. From below, its white tummy is hidden against the light surface.
3. Fossils put the earliest penguin family member at some 60 million years back. It means that the ancestor of the birds we see today survived the extinction of the dinosaurs.
4. Penguins consume a lot of saltwater while searching for fish. However, a special gland behind their eyes - the supraorbital gland - filters the saltwater from their bloodstream. Penguins secrete it with their beaks or by sneezing.
5. Unlike many birds - which lose and replace a couple of feathers at a time - penguins molt at one time, spending two or three weeks land-bound as they undergo what is called the catastrophic molt.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
- B pencil
- colored pencils
- dark blue (medium and dark)
- White Vinyl Eraser
- Kneaded Eraser
Let's draw a "Penguin" step by step
Step 1. With circles, outline the head and body of the penguin (pencil B).
Step 2. Then, with circles, outline the wings and legs (pencil B).
Step 3. Add details on the head. Connect the circles with smooth lines and make the silhouette of the penguin clearer. Draw the paws and tail (pencil B).
Step 4. Erase all excess construction lines and add details. Brighten the contour of the drawing (pencil B).
Step 5. Start hatching with the dark parts: head, wings, and tail (black colored pencil).
Step 6. Brighten the shadows with a black pencil and add dark blue on the lighter areas (colored pencils: black, dark blue).
Step 7. Add the details on the beak, head, and body. Hatch eyes with a blue pencil (colored pencils: yellow, carrot, blue).
Step 8. Finishing the bottom part. Draw shadows with black and blue pencils. With the same colors, draw the paws (colored pencils: black, blue).
Drawing Pencil Set
Excellent GIFT IDEA - Non-Toxic and safe, easily portable and made with quality top-notch materials. Basic and innovative drawing supplies come together in NIL Tech set as an exceptional replacement for old-fashioned pencil boxes. The main attraction at any occasion from your drawing enthusiast friends, sketchers, artists to your kids or students boosting their creative projects and enjoy their ear-to-ear smile!