February 17, 2021 3 min read
Disney's "Flora & Ulysses" is a delightful comedy-adventure based upon the Newbery Award-winning book about 10-year old Flora, an avid comics follower and also a self-avowed cynic, whose moms and dads have recently-separated.
After rescuing a squirrel she named Ulysses, Flora is astonished to find he possesses one-of-a-kind superhero powers, which take them on a journey of humorous complications that change Floras' life-- as well as her outlook-- forever.
1. There is a bit of a DuckTales theme in this film. The main voice cast of the newer show all have parts in Flora & Ulysses. Lena says this was in purpose, because of it, she placed a lot of DuckTales Easter Eggs, including Bobby reading a DuckTales coming book and ducks with those color collars in Danny's workplace.
2. There are hundreds of Easter Eggs in Flora & Ulysses for comic book and Disney fans. They are placed throughout the movie and include a giant cent as a Batcave reference, Mysterio, a ventriloquist dummy next to a Television, Buffy the Vampire Slayer references for Alyson Hannigan, and various other books of Kate's. As an Iron Man fan, among my faves is Matilda, saying, "I love you 3000."
3. Squirrel's, in fact, do a superhero landing! The VFX group did not want to drift off the path of what a real squirrel would do, so this was an enjoyable point to add; that is, that is something that happens in real life!
4. Lena would pretend to do the scenes with a stuffed animal squirrel to help Matilda Lawler see how it would look. Often Matilda acted with a "grey, creepy, rat thing" and sometimes with nothing.
5. The film's initial release day is on February 19, 2021.
Step 1. We start drawing by doing the construction. We outline the body and head with circles, and with the help of lines, we show the directions of the limbs and tail. (Pencil B)
Step 2. Next, draw a muzzle with ears and roughly mark the shape of the paws. (Pencil B)
Step 3. Guided by the direction lines, draw the shape of the legs and tail. (Pencil B)
Step 4. Remove all unnecessary construction lines and soften the outline with an eraser. (Eraser)
Step 5. We start coloring by making the general tone of the darkest parts of the picture. For this, we use a brown pencil. (Colored pencil brown)
Step 6. Start working on these dark parts. For this, we will use dark brown, brown, orange, and red colors. But the most critical point is that you need to paint over using hard strokes repeating the shape; this is the only way to convey the coat's texture. (Colored pencils dark brown, brown, orange, red)
Step 7. Tone on the lighter areas of the coat with ocher. (Colored pencil orange)
Step 8. As the last step, we add shadows to the light areas with brown and red colors and work on the muzzle. Paint over the eyes with black while leaving small white highlights. Make the nose dark brown and add the mustache. (Colored pencils brown, red, black, dark brown)
October 06, 2022 1 min read
September 19, 2022 2 min read
July 30, 2022 2 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!