February 13, 2020 2 min read
Hi everybody. Welcome to our third, and what became a tradition, Valentay's day NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "Rose". Roses are typically liked everywhere, mainly due to its timeless charm. They've been featured in the Holy Bible in many storybooks, involved symbolizing feelings, nations, and also states. It's likewise worth noting that in addition to its classic elegance, roses have a vibrant background as well as features.
Here are 5 Interesting Facts about Roses:
1. Wild roses have five petals as well as five sepals. A great deal of petals is a result of the mutation, and also it can be seen in cultivated roses.
2. Rose's hip is a fruit of a rose. It is a rich source of vitamin C. Rose is sometimes used in folk medicine to alleviate stomach discomfort as well as to deal with cancer.
3. Ancient Romans utilized roses as room decors, as well as in some cases, put on the flower as a necklace. It was also believed in Roman circles that anything stated "under the rose" was regarded to be super secret.
4. Rosewater and Rose syrup are used in food preparation. Rosehip can be turned into jams, marmalades, or it can be dried and also utilized in the preparation of tea.
5. Each shade of the rose symbolizes a particular value. Red rose is an icon of love, yellow of friendship, orange of enthusiasm, white of pureness, pink of pleasure, wine red of appeal as well as violet of royalty.
In this tutorial, we used the next art supplies:
Step 1. Draw the contour of the rose (pencil B).
Step 2. Add a little triangle in the middle of your rosebud, and add some stems - the leaves base.
Step 3. Add more shapes around the triangle, sketch the leaves.
Step 4. Keep adding shapes to the middle of the rose and create spiky edges on the leaves.
Step 5. Draw more petals. Be creative with the contour: you can use straight lines or wavy lines.
Step 6. Add some details on the leaves (pencil 2B).
Step 7. Finish the rosebud by adding more petals on the edges.
Step 8. Shade in the rose (pencil 2B). Use the blending tool for smoother transitions (blending stump). Don't forget that petals are lighter on the outside and darker on the inside.
Step 9. Finish up your drawing by adding some details such as thorns, little leaves at the base of the bud, and small stars.
September 19, 2022 2 min read
July 30, 2022 2 min read
July 20, 2022 1 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!