December 16, 2019 3 min read 1 Comment
Hi everybody, and welcome to a new NIL-Tech drawing tutorial: "The Witcher". The Witcher TV series is coming on Netflix. It's based on the novels by Andrzej Sapkowski. Henry Cavill, best known as Superman in Man of Steel, plays Geralt of Rivia. He's a mutated, supernatural monster hunter, that obtains captured in between two warring human nations: the Nilfgaardian Empire and Northern Kingdoms. The Witcher on Netflix features a fantastical setup - there are elves, dwarfs, and an array of incredible monsters - but it's, however, rich with human, relatable stories.
1. The witcher's code doesn't exist. Many times Geralt and other Witchers will refer to the Witcher's Code, citing it as a factor they do or do not do something. It turns out the Witcher's Code is a fabrication to give Witchers a scapegoat for tasks they do not intend to do or to validate particular demands they have for a job.
2. Geralt's Mutations Are Special. Geralt's got much more from the trials than most, as his strength, as well as mental abilities, are a lot more powerful than other Witchers. He took so well to the process that he was subjected to more Witcher experimentation. Because of the adverse effects of the trial, besides his yellow cat eyes, his hair transformed silver. His skin additionally turned pale. Due to his unusual attributes, he was offered the label in Elder Speech as "Gwynbleidd" or "The White Wolf."
3. There is no eye scar in the books. The familiar eye scar that Geralt sports in the video games was not pulled from the books but was given to him by the developers at CD Projekt Red. The designers mentioned that part of the reason they gave him the eye scar was to make him stand apart more from the other characters and to offer him a more intimidating appearance.
4. He's not from Rivia. In both the books and also the video games, Geralt frequently refers to himself or is referred to by others as "Geralt of Rivia" however, it turns out that he's not from Rivia. In the Book "The Witcher: Baptism Of Fire", he discusses that he picked the birthplace of Rivia to help him gain self-confidence with customers. Being a native of where the Queen stays offers clients a sense of convenience that wouldn't come from knowing he's from the sticks of Kaedwen.
5. His mother is a sorceress. His mother, Visenna, is never present in the games and also is only slightly mentioned in passing. From the books, we find out that she is a powerful sorceress and a druid. This is unique because usually, humans that develop magical powers lose their fertility, and it's confirmed she was a magic user when she gave birth to Geralt.
In this tutorial, we used the following supplies:
Step 1. Draw an ovoid oval with the sharpen end down (pencil 4H).
Step 2. Draw strands and shoulders, ears, and the top line of hair (HB pencil).
Step 3. Draw the elements of uniforms in the shoulder area, the fossa in the ears, and the details of the face: eyebrows, eyelids, noses, lips, and chin (pencil 2B). Draw a dividing line.
Step 4. Draw the eyes and hair. Draw the lines of the strands in the direction of growth (mechanical pencil). On the right side, draw the beard and a scar (pencil B). Draw uniforms and a half of the amulet (pencil 5B).
Step 5. Continue the dividing line made in step 3 and draw the chain mail on the right shoulder (mechanical pencil).
Step 6. Outline the contours to see the lines that we initially used to build the drawing and which we will erase later (pencil 4B, a mechanical pencil for the hair).
Step 7. Erase the extra lines inside and outside the contour).
Step 8. Color the face, neck, and ears with skin color, but press lightly so that the face does not look too dark. Draw hair with a mechanical pencil. Use the example above to color the remaining parts of the drawing (colored pencils).
Step 9. Apply shades with darker tones. On the face, apply brown cheekbones and hollows in the eye area. Darken the distant part of the chain mail with dark tones (colored pencils).
March 02, 2023 3 min read
October 06, 2022 1 min read
September 19, 2022 2 min read
You can add a content block like this to your blog article sidebar, and use it for more details about blog authors, for example.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …
Be the first to know about our special offers. promotions, new drawing tutorials, and giveaways!
July 26, 2020
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?